Aboriginal Community Engagement Officer
- Close date 9 Feb 2024
- Position title Aboriginal Community Engagement Officer
- Employment type Full time ongoing or (0.8 FTE part time is an option)
- Location Based in Carlton
Selection Criteria You will have:
• demonstrated ability to work with Aboriginal peoples, Communities, and organisations,
• strong communication and negotiation skills,
• ability to prioritise, and
• good problem solving skills.
At BreastScreen Victoria, we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client focused and respectful approach to our work.
You will have:
- demonstrated ability to work with Aboriginal peoples, Communities, and organisations,
- strong communication and negotiation skills,
- ability to prioritise, and
- good problem solving skills.
In line with special measure provisions in Section 12 of the Victorian Equal Opportunity Act (2010) BSV will only be accepting applications for these positions from people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role:
The role is full time (0.8 FTE part time option) and is ongoing. BreastScreen Victoria is in the process of developing an Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
The successful applicant will be required to travel throughout Victoria as part of the Beautiful Shawl Project.
How to apply:
To discuss before applying please contact Annabel on 03 8843 0069. Applications including resume and cover letter can be emailed to email@example.com
Successful candidates are required to undertake a national, and where relevant international police check and have a current drivers license.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTIQ+ communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.
We welcome your interest in employment with BreastScreen Victoria. Apply by submitting your details and attaching a cover letter and resume.