State Clinical Director
- Reference number 000698
- Close date 26 May 2021
- Position title State Clinical Director
- Employment type Contractor or secondment
- Location Carlton
Selection Criteria You will have extensive knowledge of and experience with the BreastScreen Victoria program, an understanding of the national accreditation program, and proven expertise in identifying critical issues and managing a range of complex and often competing needs.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage positively, influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders are a must.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for a new State Clinical Director to join our team two days a week and provide expert advice and strategic clinical leadership to BreastScreen Victoria.
About the role:
This is an important role in providing expert advice and strategic clinical leadership to BreastScreen Victoria (BSV) within the context of the national population screening program. The State Clinical Director works with a wide range of BSV stakeholders to support the effective implementation and development of the program. This includes driving evidence-based clinical practice, engagement and support of the BSV clinical workforce, monitoring and leading quality improvement and resolution of program-wide clinical issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide expert clinical advice on population-based screening informed by local and global research
- Provide multidisciplinary leadership and oversight of clinical governance to ensure the provision of safe and effective screening and assessment services
- Contribute to BSV strategic and operational planning to support the development of BSV services
- Facilitate opportunities to engage and collaborate with staff across the BSV program and support the development and retention of the clinical workforce and consistent, quality service provision
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality assurance and accreditation activities in accordance with BreastScreen Australia National Accreditation Standards (NAS) and drive achievement of targeted outcomes and standards
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
You have a light level of interpersonal and negotiating skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to liaise and negotiate with a range of stakeholders. You have current specialist registration with AHPRA and are a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists with current CME certification including Breast Imaging.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted by 9:00 am on Wednesday, 26 May.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI+ communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.