- Reference number 000566
- Close date 16 Jul 2019
- Position title Reporting Analyst
- Employment type Full time (6 months)
- Location Carlton
At BreastScreen Victoria (BSV), we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client focused and a respectful approach to our work.
BSV are currently seeking a Reporting Analyst to join the Information Services team to be responsible for delivery of information and reporting services to internal business units and external business stakeholders.
About the role:
As the Reporting Analyst your will be required to support business decisions via delivery of simplified and automated reporting and analytics solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Compile reports from various primary and secondary data sources, including databases and data systems, using best practise data management and reporting standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate with business teams to design, and develop new metrics, reports and analysis to drive key business decisions
- Identify, analyse, and provide insights on trends or patterns relating to key performance indicators in complex data sets and reports
- Provide timely and accurate ad-hoc reports and analysis;
- Collaborate with business teams to identify current shortcomings in reporting and devise solutions to enhance reporting and information management systems and/or processes
To be successful in this role, you will be proficient in collecting and interpreting data, utilising reporting tools, and adept at articulating insights through visualisation methods to both technical, and non-technical stakeholders.
You will also need to demonstrate:
- Previous professional experience as a Reporting Analyst in a similar or relatable environment (Health industry preferred)
- Highly capable in MS Office suite, specifically Excel – with Experience with statistical analysis using software programming tools (such as R/MATLAB or SPSS or STATA) highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of a range of relational databases (like Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server) and ability to work with disparate systems to design and build reports and dashboards
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction or analysis using SQL or other querying language
- Demonstrated skills in use of reporting and data analytics tools e.g. Business Objects, MS Power BI, MS PowerPivot, Qlikview or Tableau
At BreastScreen Victoria we are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.