Project Management Office Coordinator
- Reference number 000574
- Close date 13 Aug 2019
- Position title Project Management Officer Coordinator
- Employment type Full time (12 month contract)
- Location Carlton
At BreastScreen Victoria, we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client focused and respectful approach to our work.
We are currently seeking a Project Management Office (PMO) Coordinator to join our Corporate Services team on a full time basis for a fixed term of 12 months.
About the role:
This new position has been created to lead BreastScreen Victoria’s governance of projects. Your focus in this role will be to maintain oversight of the complete lifecycle of projects from initiation, delivery, reporting (risk, issues, dependencies) and benefits realisation. Initially, you will be required to create a Project Management Office to guide project managers throughout the organisation by developing and embedding appropriate standards and reporting for project management.
You will also be required to embed the project methodology throughout the organisation by providing coaching, support and guidance to help project managers and teams track projects and report progress (via Dashboard) to the Executive and Board
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, run and continuously update and improve BSV’s Project Management framework, tools, templates and guidance materials
- Provide high level project governance guidance to Project Managers and key stakeholders throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Develop, implement and lead the PMO Assurance Framework and associated reporting processes
- Ensure effective budget management and financial reporting which meets the organisations governance and risk framework
To be successful in this role, you will have relevant tertiary qualification or formal project management certification, coupled with demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of project governance and project management frameworks.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in the successfully delivery of projects and/or programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to work through ambiguous problems and communicate solutions to senior stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate activities across business units
Applications for this role will close on Tuesday 13 August.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.