Network Security Engineer
- Reference number 000745
- Close date 20 Sep 2021
- Position title Network Security Engineer
- Employment type Full time - Contract to 30 June 2022
- Location Carlton
BreastScreen Victoria is part of a national breast cancer screening program offering women aged 50 and over free screening mammograms every two years. BreastScreen Victoria aims to reduce deaths from breast cancer through early detection of the disease.
We are seeking a Network Security Engineer to join the IT Operations Team, and provide network administration, network communication and security support.
The is a full time position offered initially for a fixed term contract to 30 June 2022
As a member of a small team, we require a degree of flexibility within the scope of duties, as a role delivering a major change to our system that provides support to our clinical operations across the state. There will be requirement for planned after hours work and travel to regional sites across Victoria as part of this role.
Key Selection Criteria
To be shortlisted for the role, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in IT network, security and operations
- Demonstrated technical background in, CISCO routers, Checkpoint firewalls, LAN / WAN (, network segmentation, VPN, network switching (Cisco switches), load balancing, anti-virus software and Windows 2012/2016/2019 servers
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills in both network operations and security
- Experience in preparation and presentation of change documentation including network plans
- Ability to work in a team and work with minimal supervision and communicate with users at all levels
- A current Victorian driver’s license
Qualifications - Essential
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or related field
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CCSP – Cisco Certified Security Professional
- Technical experience with F5, Solarwinds, MFA, Trend Micro, Cylance, and vulnerability management and mitigation
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.