Lead Data and Reporting Analyst
- Reference number 000895
- Close date 26 Mar 2023
- Position title Lead Data and Reporting Analyst
- Employment type Full-time Parental Leave Cover Contract
- Location Carlton
- Award Classification Level 7
At BreastScreen Victoria, we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client focused and respectful approach to our work.
BSV is currently seeking a Lead Data and Reporting Analyst to join the Enterprise Reporting Applications team. You will be responsible for leading delivery of data and reporting services to internal business units and external business stakeholders.
About the role:
In this role you will lead and manage a small team of data analysts to design, develop, and implement self-service reporting solutions for BSV business stakeholders. You will be proficient in collecting and interpreting data, utilising reporting tools, and adept at articulating insights through visualisation methods to both technical, and non-technical stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and maintain reporting solutions for BreastScreen Victoria, as well as provide technical expertise to support IT projects.
- Collaborate with business teams to design, and develop new reports and dashboards to support business reporting requirements.
- Partner with data analysts and ETL developers in building reporting and analytics solutions for business stakeholders.
- Provide timely and accurate ad-hoc reports and analysis.
- Provide input into planning and scheduling of tasks related to report design, development, testing and deployment.
- Provide regular updates to IT management and project leads on progress of development tasks and risks or issues that may impact project or IT release schedules
The successful candidate will have experience in leading a team who collects and interprets data, utilizing reporting tools, and is adept at articulating insights through visualisation methods to both technical, and non-technical stakeholders.
You will also need to demonstrate:
- Previous professional experience as a Data Analyst or Reporting Analyst in a similar or relatable environment (Health industry preferred)
- Working knowledge of a range of relational databases (like Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server) and ability to work with disparate systems to design and build reports and dashboards
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction or analysis using SQL
- Demonstrated skills in use of reporting and data analytics tools e.g. MS Power BI, Business Objects, MS PowerPivot, Qlikview or Tableau
- Highly capable in MS Office suite, specifically Excel
How to apply:
Applications including resume and cover letter stating why you are interested in this opportunity can be submitted by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Applications for this role will close on Sunday, 26 March 2023.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability. We will provide adjustments to the recruitment process on request.