Health Promotion Officer
- Reference number 000658
- Close date 3 Jan 2021
- Position title Health Promotion Officer
- Employment type Full time - 6 month contract
- Location Carlton
At BreastScreen Victoria, we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client focused and respectful approach to our work.
We are currently seeking a Health Promotion Officer based in our Communications and Engagement Team. This Full-Time role is offered on a fixed term contract until June 2021.
About the role:
The Health Promotion Officer role will support the Community Engagement Team achieve breast screening targets by supporting community engagement activities with under screened communities including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Clients with disabilities
- LGBTI communities
- Clients from low SES backgrounds
The Health Promotion Officer will also support engagement activities with:
- Rural and remote communities
- Health professionals
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and delivering breast health education content for diverse communities, community organisations and health professionals
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Implementing state-wide engagement strategies including attending events, developing partnerships and general health promotion and community engagement
- Evaluating state-wide engagement strategies including data management, reporting and communication
- Other health promotion and community engagement activities as directed by Community Engagement Coordinator
You will have a qualification in public health, health promotion or a similar field and a genuine interest in health promotion and community engagement. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and diverse communities. We are looking for someone who can balance priorities and work effectively both independently and collaboratively within a great team. You will have excellent writing and editing skills, demonstrated computer skills and competency in standard software programs.
Applications for this role will close on 3 January 2020
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.