BSV Program Manager & Mammography Senior Medical Imaging Technologist
• Permanent full time position: 80 hours per fortnight with ADO per month
• Recruitment incentives may be available for suitably qualified applicants
- Reference number 000720
- Close date 23 Jul 2021
- Position title BSV Program Manager & Mammography Senior Medical Imaging Technologist
- Employment type Full Time / Permanent
- Service GV Health
- Location Shepparton
About GV Health
At GV Health we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
It is an exciting time to join our GV Health team! We are currently in the midst of an exciting $229 million transformation of our Graham Street site, which comprises of a five-storey Inpatient Unit building, expansion of our current theatre capacity, new Critical Care Unit, a state of-the-art Dialysis Unit and an extension of the current Emergency Department.
About the role
Medical Imaging is seeking a proactive and enthusiastic team lead for a new BreastScreen Reading and Assessment Service and Diagnostic Mammography Service. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a motivated woman passionate about breast imaging and cancer prevention to establish an entirely new service that will benefit regional Victorians. You will commence ahead of the opening of the new service to assist in clinical and technical preparations, with support and trainng from an existing BreastScreen Service and key GV Health staff.
The successful candidate will lead in the development of protocols and procedures aligned with BreastScreen Victoria and ensure the quality and excellence of the service. You will be responsible for successfully achieving accreditation under both the the BreastScreen National Accreditation Standards and the Commonwealth's Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Standards within 12 months of the services commencing. You will be assisted by a local team including a Quality Officer, Data Manager, Nurse Counsellor, Mammographers and the Medical Imaging and BreastScreen Clinical Directors.
We are looking for
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Medical Radiations or Graduate Diploma of Mammography or equivalent
- Current AHPRA registration and Radiation Licence to enable immediate start.
- Eligibility to hold a Certificate of Clinical Proficiency in Mammography or equivalent.
- At least six years relevant, postgraduate experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme, BreastScreen National Accreditation Standards, quality improvement and document control processes.
Our offer to you:
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure membership
- Professional development and study leave to help reach your learning and career goals
- Social club membership offering a range of events, functions and local community discounts
- Our CREATE Outstanding reward and recognition program
Great things happen here in Shepparton. If you would like to learn more about what it is like to work, live and play in the Shepparton region please click here.
Applications close: 23 July 2021
To apply visit https://gvhealth.mercury.com.au and enter 10903
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory police check and Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children’s Check. Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration is required prior to commencement. GV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Recruitment agencies should note that GV Health does not accept agency resumes. GV Health is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes submitted by Recruitment Agencies,