Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager
- Reference number 000564
- Close date 8 Jul 2019
- Position title Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager
- Employment type Full Time (12 Month Contract)
- Location Carlton
BreastScreen Victoria is committed to ensuring its services are inclusive and accessible to all eligible Victorians. As part of our commitment, the BreastScreen Victoria Coordination Unit (BCU) achieved Rainbow Tick accreditation in March 2019 to support the delivery of an inclusive and safe service experience to LGBTI people.
Initially, this role will be responsible for helping BSV extend this accreditation more broadly to our service providers whilst simultaneously driving agreed improvements to help maintain its current accreditation.
By extension to the work on our Rainbow Tick accreditation, this role will also be involved in our Client Centric Care program (MyCare),ensuring we have diverse representation amongst our consumer advisors so that all our clients experience a welcoming, inclusive and safe service with BreastScreen Victoria.
Key objectives of the role include:
- Drive continuing improvements in LGBTI-inclusive practice as committed in the Rainbow Tick accreditation process.
- Extend BSV’s LGBTI inclusive practices to its service providers, supporting them to pursue LGBTI-inclusive practice and Rainbow Tick accreditation.
- Identify opportunities to utilise the Rainbow Tick practices and learning for other diverse groups to develop a system that ensures all clients experience a welcoming, inclusive and safe service with BreastScreen Victoria.
- Identify and deliver initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in health promotion, client experience, consumer engagement, organisational culture and our working environment.
In the longer term the role will drive further diversity and inclusion initiatives focussed on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island (ATSI) peoples, people with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) groups, and other aspects of diversity including mental health and socio-economic status.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience designing and developing diversity and inclusion practices within the service industry.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience using structured project management techniques
- Experience reporting to a project steering committee comprising senior personnel; includes preparation of meeting agendas, status reports, issues and discussion papers, risk assessment, progress reporting
- Experience in developing cost estimates and business cases, for small projects and for longer term implementation projects
- Strong stakeholder management, change management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.