Community Engagement Coordinator
- Reference number 000680
- Close date 14 Mar 2021
- Position title Community Engagement Coordinator
- Employment type Full time
- Location Carlton
At BreastScreen Victoria, we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client focused and respectful approach to our work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Public Health Professional to join our team and play a lead role in the development of health promotion strategies for our under-screened population groups.
About the role:
In this role you will partner with the community to explore, understand and determine together how to better meet the diverse needs of the BSV target group. You will develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders to address health inequities within identified priority population groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying opportunities for new, innovative strategies, partnerships and approaches to engaging the BSV target group
- Connecting and listening to local community groups to identify unmet needs and opportunities to improve screening the experience.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement, dissemination, and transfer of learning’s across BSV services in regards to under-screened groups.
- Lead, coach and direct Health Promotion Officers to deliver Community Engagement strategy
You will be able to work independently, maintain and enhance relationships with key stakeholders and be able to successfully collaborate in a team environment. Additionally, having strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to balance priorities will ensure you succeed in this role. A degree in public health, health promotion or another relevant discipline as well as prior experience working to engage minority and culturally diverse groups within the health sector is essential.
Applications for this role will close on Sunday 14 March 2021.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.