Health Promotion Manager
- Reference number 000724
- Close date 27 Jul 2021
- Position title Health Promotion Manager
- Employment type Full time - fixed term contract
- Location Carlton
At BreastScreen Victoria, we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client focused and respectful approach to our work.
We are currently seeking an experienced Health Promotion Manager to take on the role of Community and Consumer Engagement Manager based in our Engagement and Communication Team at our Carlton Office. This role will lead BreastScreen Victoria’s’ health promotion and engagement strategy and coordinate its implementation across Victoria.
This full time role is offered on a 12 month contract.
About the role:
The Community and Consumer Engagement Manager will lead a team to deliver evidence based recruitment and engagement strategies which focus on reaching all women in the BSV target age group. The Manager will utilise principles of codesign to partner with community to create change and improve participation in breast screening.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of a team of community and consumer engagement professionals
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of state-wide recruitment activities
- Use consumer insights and client experience data to inform decision making and the design of strategies to increase participation in breast screening
- Oversight of state-wide screening target achievement including monitoring targets for priority populations
- Ensuring inclusion of consumers to help maintain a clear client focus in the delivery of breast screening services
- Lead BreastScreen Victoria’s Diversity and Inclusion program of work
- Development of strong relationships and partnerships with organisations to help reach and engage diverse communities in Victoria
You will have experience in a similar role and a genuine passion for public health promotion. You will have highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders. In addition, highly developed analytical skills including the ability to compile written materials and reports. As a leader, you will be solutions focused and results oriented with the ability to motivate and drive team performance.
How to apply:
Applications should include your resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in this opportunity.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.