- Reference number 000725
- Close date 28 Jul 2021
- Position title Communications Coorindator
- Employment type Full time - fixed term (12 months)
- Location Carlton
At BreastScreen Victoria, we strive to make a difference. We encourage an innovative, client-focused and respectful approach to our work.
We are currently seeking an outstanding Communications Coordinator to support and promote the BreastScreen Victoria program. The role will be instrumental in developing and delivering internal and external communications, media opportunities and campaigns with our consumers’ voice at their heart.
This full time role is offered on a 12-month contract.
About the role:
The Communications Coordinator will lead in the development and creation of high-quality communications content including website and intranet articles, media releases and briefs, campaign information, resources and publications, as well as BreastScreen Victoria’s corporate communications to clients (letters, emails and SMS).
The role is instrumental in developing proactive media and events opportunities to share BreastScreen Victoria’s work, and works with the Communications Manager in managing and responding to media enquiries.
An essential part of this role is to bring strategic thinking and organisational awareness to the development of effective communications planning. Communications should consider consumer insights to bring out our consumers’ voice in all content, and be measurable to evaluate and determine success.
This role will provide leadership in the team with the day-to-day management and support of two other team members.
Essential to this role is the ability to apply problem-solving and independent thinking, develop strong relationships both internally and externally, and provide trusted advice and reporting on communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create high-quality content and review and revise copy for BreastScreen Victoria’s channels
- Develop communication content for workforce engagement and other consumer recruitment and participation activities, policy changes, and projects as required
- Actively source stories and opportunities from across BreastScreen Victoria to promote in the media, and consider for events
- Act as media liaison for media enquiries, coordinate media events, develop event materials such as media releases, media briefs and alerts, Q&As, and speeches
- Devise and deliver communications’ campaigns to support BreastScreen Victoria’s strategic plan
- Work with colleagues and internal stakeholders to coordinate, develop and review all hard and soft copy BreastScreen Victoria resources and publications
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships and approaches to engaging consumers
You will be an experienced communicator, with five years or more years of demonstrated professional experience and success within similar roles. You will have strategic communications skills, including the ability to develop and deliver plans and campaigns, and effectively project manage and evaluate outcomes.
You have a flair for bringing stories to life and seeking opportunities for promotional events and partnerships. You will have knowledge and understanding of the Victorian media landscape, and be able to work in a timely and organised way to respond to media enquiries.
You will have excellent communication skills, including first-rate written skills and attention to detail. You will be genuinely interested in communications best practice including an awareness of innovative methods and activities to continuously improve communications at BreastScreen Victoria.
You will have strong organisational skills, including the flexibility to work across a range of tasks with competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
How to apply:
Applications should include your resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in this opportunity.
Applications for this role will close on 28 July 2021.
We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility within our workplace, and encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for roles at BreastScreen Victoria. This includes (but is not limited to): people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; LGBTI communities; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and people living with disability.